I can't believe I haven't posted anything since Wednesday. What is WRONG with me?! I haven't had a lot to talk about until last night at approximately 2am. Now if you've been reading my blog, you know I HATE, with a passion, being woken up in the middle of the night by inconsiderate, drunk people (especially dumb girls with their high-pitch voices). SOOOOO you can imagine the mood I was in when I was abruptly awaken from a peaceful, dream filled sleep, by my dogs barking at the squealing coming from the kitchen.
I sat up in bed, wretched with pain from not taking my time.......ahhhh pregnancy.
Josh grabs my arm and says:
"Just calm down......"
And even though I know he's trying to be rational and helpful, it just pisses me off because I really want him to be infuritated right along with me.
I get up, throw on some pants (which is accompanied by a lot of groaning and grunting and pain, which just makes me THAT much more angry) and Josh says:
"Just pull him aside and talk to him in private"
I go out into the hallway. The squealing gets louder. I stand in the doorway to the kitchen where my brother is standing at the stove (obviously intoxicated) along with 3 girls, one of which is SITTING ON MY DAMN COUNTERTOP! Uhhhh HELLO, we create meals on those countertops. I would appreciate it if you get your dirty, bar hopping ass germs off of it. Now this girl on my countertop, The Squealer, (who is also friends with Mystery Lady) recently miscarried her first child at 10 weeks. When I heard about this, I felt bad for her. Even though her pregnancy was unexpected and completely unplanned, miscarriage is a hard thing to go through, and I know, having experienced it myself only 2 short years ago. HOWEVER, seeing her VERY drunk, skinny, squealing ass sitting on my countertop.....I immediately lost ANY sad, "I know how you feel", feelings and she has now been added to my "you are getting a dirty look/smart ass comment every time I see you" list.
Now, one of the girls in the kitchen I don't have a problem with. I like her. She is respectful and she knows my feelings about being woken up since I have had several conversations with her about it in the past. She sees me standing in the doorway, her eyes get big and she says:
"Okay, everyone needs to get out of the kitchen and go into the living room"
I tell Colby I need to talk to him. We go into the hallway and I explain AGAIN, that we are trying to sleep and him and his friends are being inconsiderate and loud and I don't appreciate it. His response:
"I pay rent too"
My response:
"I will call the police and then EVERYONE can leave" He tells me I'm an idiot and I go back to my room. I know the only way I will stay sane is by giving in and putting in my ear plugs. They drown out the sound enough for me to calm down and I lay in bed and fantasize about living in a house with just my husband and my daughter. Colby isn't even going to KNOW where we are.
So this morning I get up, Colby is already in the kitchen making a pot of coffee. I'm pretty sure he has NO recollection of our conversation last night so I remind him that The Squealer is now on my bad side. He tells me how he got sprayed with pepper spray (on accident) at the bar he was at. I say "GOOD" and take my cup of coffee back to my bedroom leaving Colby laughing in the kitchen.
My father-in-law, Dean, got my daughter a onesie that says "If you think I'm crabby, you should see my mom". If she was born already, she would have worn that onesie today.
Oh, my god- if I lived with my 19 year old brother I am pretty sure my life would be exactly like this and I feel for you. The only difference is I am pretty sure I would have killed him by that point- you are practically a saint. :)
ReplyDelete