I had the WORST night's sleep since I've been here, last night. I was SUPER exhausted (from crying because I still couldn't go home) and I had a horrible headache. They give me tylenol, but it doesn't help. Pip poked her head in a couple times during the night, and some lady came and took some more blood around 5am. I guess they are going to do another test for pregnancy induced hypertension (preeclampsia) and a full CBC. So here I sit, waiting on my breakfast (breakfast burrito with sour cream, bagel with cream cheese and some OJ) with my amazing husband asleep in his fold out chair next to me and covered in about 2 dozen blankets cause I get hot and open the window. He keeps saying he isn't cold......but I got up and closed the window anyway. Hopefully this was our last night here and we can go home today and get some real sleep tonight.
*Pip just came in and said that the telemetry monitoring from last night was really good and my heart rate stayed in the 80's and 90's*
Dawn, my mother-in-law is flying in today from Washington! Josh has decided that I'm going to be on bedrest (whether the doctor's put me on it or not) so Dawn will be here to help and I am really excited. This is her first grandchild and she will be here for my 36 week growth ultrasound on the 8th.
I'm sure my poor husband is eager to get back to work since he has been in the hospital almost as much as I have. The only time he leaves, is to go and check on the dogs. Yesterday I finally convinced him to just hang out at the house for a little while and relax. I feel so bad for him. I know how draining it is, especially after he had to spend 5 days in the hospital a couple years ago after an emergency appendectomy. But he has been by my side through all of this, and even took me for a stroll in a wheel chair last night so I could calm down after they told me I had to stay another night. He opened the door to my room and wheeled in the chair and said "Hop in, I'm breaking you out!" and then proceeded to do wheelie's down the hall. Ha!
The cardiologist is supposed to come by sometime this morning, so hopefully my next post will be from home....keep your fingers crossed!!!
I hope that you make it to your due date too but I know how frustrating it is to be sitting in the L&D ward and not have a baby. I was in the L&D for 3 days while they induced me...for 3 days...until I screamed cut it out of me and me and my baby's heart rate dropped. Good luck! It will all be worth it in the end!
ReplyDeleteHoping you get to head home (and get some rest) soon!
ReplyDelete