Monday, January 18, 2010

33 Weeks and "You have a huge baby!"

These see-through pregnant lady pictures are all looking the same to me!


This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.

**Author's Note (me): My baby weighed OVER 5lbs at 32 weeks. Just wanted to remind you.**


How far along? 33 weeks. 49 more days till my due date!
Total weight gain: You want to know this, you're going to have to look at last week's post.
Stretch Marks: More on my left hip and some on my legs. I'm gonna be one HUGE stretch mark!
Sleep: My reflux/indigestion is back and when I lay down it's at its worst. I had a break from it for a week. I also have contractions at night.
Best moment this week: Started packing the hospital bags and got all the baby clothes washed.
Movement: LOTS of pushing!! She likes my bladder the most.
Gender: She has lady bits and it's been confirmed via 3D
Labor Signs? Still in lots of pain, back and abdominal.
Belly Button in or out? I don't think it's ever going to pop. But it's really sore.
What I miss: I miss not being pregnant. I know I wanted to be pregnant so so so bad, but now I'm ready for it to be over.
What I am looking forward to: The next ultrasound at 36 weeks.
Weekly Wisdom: Don't over do it.
Milestones: No new ones. Maybe next week.

So I had an appointment with Dr. L today. After he walked into the room, he said "How are you doing?" I said "Oh you know...." and he said "Well you DO have a HUGE baby, so you are probably more uncomfortable than most." I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that now. I have one more bi-monthly appointment and then I start going weekly. WHOOOO! He also wants another growth ultrasound at 36 weeks. He asked me how I feel about a C-section and I told him that I would really like to do it naturally if possible and he told me that he wouldn't consider a c-section based on size alone unless she is way over 10 pounds......so we'll see. It will definitely be interesting to see how big she is in 3 more weeks. Now on to the belly pics....




1 comment:

  1. I have no idea how big my baby is by now, but at my 38 week appointment the doctor estimated 7 1/2 pounds. It sounds like we're both dealing with big girls :D

    Your belly looks great. And I have stretch marks on my legs too. WTF?

    ReplyDelete