Friday, January 29, 2010

Update to L&D Part 2

So the OB came in to see me this morning.....and said the blood they took this morning was actually better than when I came in (good news) and that from an obstetric's view, I am good to go home. Unfortunately I will be on strict bed rest. I have pregnancy induced hypertension, which they are worried will become preeclampsia. I am only allowed to get up to pee and shower. Luckily Dawn will be here to cook some super DELISH food!! YUM!! ALSO the doctor mentioned delivering Hunter early. She said that she would like me to be at least 35-36 weeks, which is in the next TWO WEEKS people!! And I'm guessing that with my current medical condition, the natural/vaginal delivery is out of the question, which really sucks!! But I would much rather have a safe delivery and a healthy little girl.

Also, I would like to add that my last couple posts have seemed kind of angry and I forgot to mention that I really do appreciate this hospital and the exceptional job they have done in trying to find out what the problem is. They have run a million tests, and even repeating them just to make sure! I would much rather have a hospital that cares too much than one who dismisses my symptoms and sends me home without any tests. I am very happy and relieved to be delivering here with such a great group of people!

And one more thing.....I received my belly cradle in the mail since I've been here and Josh brought it to me last night. Let me just say, if you are having ANY pain related to your ever-expanding tummy, this thing is a life-saver!! FOR REAL! I feel like a new person. The pain in my back was gone as soon as I strapped this thing on.

** So as I was typing this, the nurse came in and said they were able to get a hold of the cardiologist and they will be sending me home today (YAY!) with a heart monitor to wear (BOO!). So now I'm just waiting for all the paperwork and I will be FREE!!! WHOOOOO!!! So that's the latest.**

3 comments:

  1. I'm so behind, I had no idea you were in the hospital. Sending good vibes your way.. preclampsia, STAY AWAY!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I'm so sorry you have PIH... take care of yourself, you'll be in my T&P!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls! I'm doing pretty good. Takin' it easy. I'm lazy by nature so bedrest isn't too hard on me ( :

    ReplyDelete