Friday, February 5, 2010

Preeclampsia Update

So doc L called this evening. You know that's never good. He said my 24hr. urine results show even MORE protien than before. He gave me symptoms to watch for this weekend (since I'm seeing him again on Monday) and told me to call if I have ANY of them. I told him that my pressures have gotten slightly higher and staying in those ranges consistently. He said "You're flirting with severe preeclampsia and your pregnancy is winding down". I'm estimating a delivery during the week of Feb 14th. What do you think?? I'll be 37 weeks on the 15th. Good news is that it will be either a scheduled induction or c-section. Either way, my family/friends that I want to be there with me (My mom, my Loula, and my Cort) should have some time to plan and travel (they are all out of state).

So I have to see the doc twice a week now to continue to monitor my pressures and the baby. I'm having a growth ultrasound on Monday at my appointment. She weighed (estimate) 6lbs 1 oz at the last ultrasound so we shall see how much my monkey has grown. Since I'm not going to making it to term, she's not going to be the 11 lb baby I was worried about.

Well, I'm having a mild brain fart right now. I'm sure there is more for me to write, but I smell food and now I can't concentrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment