Sunday, February 14, 2010

Before We Meet...

My Sweet Baby Girl,

It has been a rough couple of weeks, on both of us; back and forth to Labor and Delivery. But here we sit, waiting to finally meet each other. I’m probably a little more anxious than you are. I’m pretty sure you aren’t really aware of what is about to happen. But I have been waiting so long for this day. I always thought I would be a younger mother, but it all happens in God’s time and I am grateful to your daddy for being the one that God chose to help create you.

I have yet to see you in the flesh, but I know you are beautiful. I think you will become a tummy sleeper because of the way you always stick your butt up on the right side of my belly. It seems to be your favorite spot, even now, just a few hours away from delivering you.

I can’t stop imagining this whole experience. The pushing, the pressure, knowing your head is out and hearing your first cry. I want them to hand you to me immediately so I can touch you and see you and kiss your face. Our beautiful creation; I love you so much already.

I have several promises I would like to make to you. I promise to love you unconditionally and to protect you from harm and to be there for you when you are older and you experience hurt, a hurt that words won’t heal, only time. I promise to help you become a strong woman who recognizes her value but maintains humility and graciousness. I promise that you will have amazing opportunities in your life and whatever you choose to do your daddy and I will do our best to support your decisions, because those decisions will reflect on how well we raised you. I promise to believe in you and to listen to your dreams and help you reach them. I promise to always give you honesty when you ask me what I think. I promise to be the best mother to you that I can possibly be. You won’t be spoiled with material items, but you will be showered with love and this you will be able to carry with you in your heart always. You will have a family who loves you…..no matter what.

Your Daddy & I can't wait to meet you and fall in love with you and eachother all over again. It's our new beginning baby girl and we are going to make it the best possible beginning we can! The three of us; our family. See you soon baby!
 
Love,
Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Now I'm a sobbing mess. :) Good luck today! I can't wait to "meet" little Hunter!

    ReplyDelete