Wednesday, February 10, 2010

9 Months! *Posting this 2 Days Late*

Your baby is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. She now weighs almost 6 pounds (like a crenshaw melon) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. She's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered her body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. Your baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of her first bowel movement.
At the end of this week, your baby will be considered full-term. (Full-term is 37 to 42 weeks; babies born before 37 weeks are pre-term and those born after 42 are post-term.) Most likely she's in a head-down position. But if she isn't, your practitioner may suggest scheduling an "external cephalic version," which is a fancy way of saying she'll try to coax your baby into a head-down position by manipulating her from the outside of your belly.

How far along? 36 Weeks,  9 MONTHS!
Total weight gain: I've stopped gaining weight. That's all I'm going to say.
Stretch Marks: Yes, and they are starting to reach my belly button.
Sleep: Well I slept really good last night. On Monday night (when I was "induced") I didn't sleep because I was having contractions all night.
Best moment this week: Well I was super excited about getting induced.
Movement: Oh yeah. Not so much since I've been home though.
Gender: Girly
Labor Signs? I haven't had any natural labor signs, only during the "induction". I think I'm starting to lose my mucus plug though.
Belly Button in or out? In. Somehow.
What I miss: I'm not even thinking about what I miss anymore.
What I am looking forward to: Monday, Feb 15th. Getting induced. Again.
Weekly Wisdom: I have no wisdom. I'm exhausted.
Milestones: Getting "induced" and experiencing contractions for the first time.
And here is the 36 week picture. I'm wearing the bella band because I've already outgrown that shirt I'm wearing and my belly hangs out the bottom. This is also the day of the first induction.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Lindsey! I am so sorry that you are going through this. I can't believe that they put you through the cervadil and then sent you home. Hopefully she decides to hurry up and head out so you won't have to go through any more crap. Just keep telling yourself that it will all be worth it in the end! Hang in there!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've decided not to even think about it anymore. I'm just going to take it a day at a time. Otherwise I feel like I'm never going to meet this little girl! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! Hoping she arrives soon (although, now you can tease her for the rest of her life about being late)!

    ReplyDelete