Oh how thankful I am for Thanksgiving and my mom's amazing ability to cook mouthwatering food!! I overloaded my plate last night with several people asking "
Are you going to eat all that?" and me just looking at them like "
Do you even know me?" (hence the 48 pound weight gain). I don't care. I was hungry, Hunter was hungry and about half way through my plate, I could feel her doing sommersaults. She was enjoying it too! Unfortunately, I stuffed my face too quickly and suffered the consequences almost immediately which brings me to what I am secondly thankful for (and not necessarily in that order). My wonderful husband who instantly recognized my discomfort and did all he could to relax me. Thank you wonderful husband! I love you.
My 80 something year old Great Aunt came out here with my mom to enjoy a relaxing week of knitting, fabric shopping and good food. Something else she enjoyed, which kind of surprised me, 2 shots of Jager and Tequila Rose. Since living in New Mexico, it has somewhat become a tradition to have shots before dinner.
I'm not sure how it started but there were several people here for dinner and everyone was getting ready to drink when we hear a small voice say
"Wait, I need my shot." We turn around and here comes Granny (that's what we call my Great Aunt). My brother quickly pours a little Jager mixed with a little Tequila Rose and I take a picture of the group (since I'm not drinking, obviously). Granny doesn't down her shot, she says she wants to enjoy it, so she sips. I tell her, "
You know that's Tequila, right?" After getting her to believe me, she whispers to my brother
"Can you make me another one of those?"
Granny
It was an overall enjoyable evening. Josh and I went to bed early (like 8:30pm early). I didn't find out till the morning that Mystery Lady (you can read about Mystery Lady
here) and her extremely loud friend named Ruby showed up and royally pissed my mom off. Thank God for earplugs and a lease ending in April. (Not too far away).
So I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! The 2nd best part of Thanksgiving has already started.....leftovers!
This story made me laugh a lot. Where in NM are you from?
ReplyDeleteI am originally from California but after my military service, my husband and I moved to New Mexico (Farmington) for a job he was offered. I will never live in California again. Too expensive, too crowded.
ReplyDelete