Sunday, May 2, 2010

So Living with my Mom again.....

has proven to be QUITE entertaining. It's been 7 years since I left home to join the military and I guess my time away has blurred some of my memories. Here are some of the entertaining things that I have encountered since I have lived here (for only 2 weeks).

The fact that she CANNOT HEAR! No she isn't legally deaf, she just can't hear. One thing she CAN hear is the baby crying at night to be fed. The 2nd night we were here she comes running into my bedroom with a warm bottle only to find me already feeding Hunter. I just looked at her and laughed. I keep telling her she doesn't have to get up, that I can handle it, but I guess those instincts never die.

Or how about the fact that she calls the girl animals "he" and the boy animal "she".

She listens to her ipod while she cooks. And she sings. But she doesn't sing whole songs, only certain words. I guess I'm semi-immune to her craziness but it shocked the hell out of my mother-in-law when they were both in New Mexico before the baby was born. Poor Dawn didn't know what to think, and all she could do was laugh. She looked at me with questioning eyes and I said, "She's singing, don't worry, she does it all the time".

She talks to herself.....A LOT!

She reminds me that I need to lose weight and gives me those mom looks when she sees my portion size. It's totally okay though. I don't get offended. I think it's funny. I'm not oblivious either, I know I need to lose weight. Like 35 pounds, which is equal to about 4 babies.

It's good to be here. It distracts me (just enough) to be able to deal with the reality that is my life right now. And focus on what's important, which is my baby girl.......who by the way......giggled at me for the first time last night.

I guess the saying is true, there really is no place like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment