Tuesday, April 27, 2010

And.....I'm Back!

Hmmmm where to even begin?! I guess I will just come out and say it. Josh and I filed for divorce and I am now living in California with my mom and Hunter. I'm not going to go into details as to what happened but being apart was the best option we had at the moment for ourselves and our baby. Our relationship would not have gotten better if we continued to be in the same house together and now after living in CA for only a week, I can see that it was affecting my daughter more than I realized because she is a different, much happier baby now without all the stress in her life. She smiles, coos and bats at her toys. She's even starting to giggle. The 11 hour drive from New Mexico to California was horrible, plus it became a 15 hour drive with an overnight stay at my Granny's. Hunter hated being strapped in her carseat so we stopped often to feed her, change diapers and just give her a break. Plus we had packed my car to the ceiling! I sat in the back with Hunter and road on one hip the whole way because of the lack of space. Next time I travel with my daughter, we will be flying, no doubt about it. It took her two days to adjust after the trip. We didn't go anywhere, we just stayed home and spent time together so she could relax. I felt so bad for all that she had been through already at such a young age.

Josh and I talk daily. He calls about Hunter and I send him pictures of her. He's working non stop but we plan on going back out there next month to get the rest of my stuff and so he can see her. She's going to look so different.

My leave of absense from school ended so now I'm juggling homework AND a 10 week old who stays awake almost all day aside from small 30 minute cat naps. She is sleeping good at night though, waking only once to eat and then again between 5-6am. Then she snoozes till 8 or 9. Not too bad! I can't believe she is 2 1/2 months old already!! She got her shots before we left. It was definitely not as traumatic as I expected it to be. She cried briefly and then slept all day only waking to eat. I gave her tylenol every 4 hours so she never got a fever and wasn't too sore after all the pokes. And she's in the 75th percentile for height, weight and head circumference. My big, growing baby girl! As I'm typing this, I can hear her farting and cooing simultaneously! AMAZING!

Since Josh is working so much and I don't work, I plan on making a trip (SOON) to Washington so his family can FINALLY  meet her! Tickets are pretty cheap so I'm looking forward to that and I know her Grandma Dawn is too!

So that's the latest! I'll try to resume my regularly scheduled blog posting!

Until next time!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That's a lot to happen in a short amount of time. I hope you and Hunter are doing OK.. But you sound like you are :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, man.. you are amazing me right now. I cannot imagine dealing with so much change in so little time... with an infant. And school too?! SCHOOL?! You just might be my new hero.

    Sounds like Hunter is doing great. You must post pictures soon!

    ReplyDelete