Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Fever, Achiness, Mastitis OH MY!

You know my luck.....first it was the Pre-eclampsia, then the Bell's Palsey and now MASTITIS! By far the most painful of the 3. I have a fever of 104.3 and I'm on antibiotics. But the achiness and the pain are almost unbearable. The books say that it is most commom when the child is between the ages of 1-6 weeks. You know how old Hunter is? 6 WEEKS! Like I said, just my luck! WHY????? WHY I ASK! WHY ME?!

4 comments:

  1. Guh! I'm so sorry! Hoping you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yuck! I'm sorry you are sick.. I hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you feel better soon! As hard as it is sometimes to nurse with the pain the best thing you can do is nurse as often as possible to keep from getting engorged. Keep it up breastfeeding just continues to get easier and there is nothing better than cuddling close so they can have a snack.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope that you are better now. I never had that problem, but I did find out that I have extra mammary glands in my armpit, so when my milk first came in, I had a softball size growth in my armpit. Yeah, it was like I had 3 boobs! Oh and my armpit is still funny looking and Paige will be 5 in August!

    ReplyDelete