Tuesday, March 16, 2010

It really is a Miracle!

So I ordered the Miracle Blanket and an incline sleep positioner in my attempt at getting Hunter to sleep in her bassinet and in turn, allowing Josh and I to get a better night sleep.

Here is the test run, pre-bed time.

The miracle blanket is a swaddler that is guaranteed to help baby sleep better. I've read about it from other moms and it has been a lifesaver for them, so I had to give it a try. And guess who slept in her bassinet from 10:30 pm to 7 am?! That's right people! My baby girl celebrated her 1 month birthday by sleeping in her bassinet all night! She woke up twice to eat so I nursed her, burped her, changed her, re-swaddled her and nursed and burped again (in that order) which took all of 20 minutes and back in the bassinet she went.....sound asleep! For the first time since she's been born, I woke up feeling rested this morning! It is amazing!!

At 7 this morning, I brought her into bed with me and we snuggled until 9. We both got up, and she sat and stared at me and coo'ed a little for 2 hours......and this is what she is doing now......


Re-swaddled and asleep with a full belly in her swing! Don't let the furrowed brow concern you. She's what I like to call a "sleepy thinker".

It's amazing to have some free arms! I don't even know what to do with myself! I guess I will fold the rest of the laundry. I might even get it put away! HOORAY! My little girl is growing up!

Aside from the night time excitement.....Josh and I also went to visit some friends yesterday. They live on a farm, with goats. Goats who gave birth to baby goats yesterday and I was dying to see them! I literally begged to go out there. It was ridiculous. But I'm a sucker for animals, especially baby animals. In my excitement, I left the camera in the car and didn't get any pictures. I know.

BUT.

I did take a picture of these gorgeous bows......


....a baby present from our friends. All handmade! I'm definitely one of those mothers' who is going to torment my little girl with HUGE flowers on her head! Girls are so much fun!!

2 comments:

  1. That is amazing I wish they had that miracle swaddler when my Paige was born!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to check out the miracle blanket, sounds like a great purchase!

    ReplyDelete