Monday, March 8, 2010

3 Weeks and a Due Date!

That's right! Today is my due date! OMG. I can't even imagine still being pregnant! Or having to do those first 2 weeks with a newborn all over again (not yet at least)! They were the hardest so far and I feel like I'm finally getting the hang of this mommy thing and it is magical. Hunter was crying yesterday morning, wanting to be fed and as Josh handed her to me, she instantly stopped. Josh said "She definitely knows who you are now!" That comment touched my heart! My little girl knows I am her mommy and she knows that I am going to feed her and that she can relax. She is 3 weeks old today and she knows......she's my little genius!

3 week old baby girl and me (less 28 pounds)

Hunter giggles in her sleep now!! It's the most precious sound ever!
When she poops, she flares her nostrils! So funny!
She loves to look around and spends several hours a day awake, just taking it all in.
She still loves taking a bath!
Her boogers DO NOT bother me! Which is huge for me. I don't do boogers.....at all.
I also hate being breathed on but I love the smell of her sweet, milky baby breath!
She makes the cutest face when she is done nursing and it reminds me of a glowworm!

Remember Glowworms?

Also, Hunter got a gift card for Old Navy from my long time friend Veronica and she's getting THIS dress! Isn't it adorable??

3 comments:

  1. I love Liam's breath too. It's amazing! And she is so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nellie's on formula so her breath is less than special sometimes. But yes, that dress is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress is adorable!!! it is amazing how much a baby changes you. I was always grossed out by boogers and snotty, crusted noses, but now that I am a mom I find myself pulling crusties off of peanut's nose and all kids of thing that I never thought I would ever do before her.

    ReplyDelete