Tuesday, October 27, 2009

TLC love!

When we were trying to get pregnant and finding it difficult, I couldn't even consider sitting through those pregnancy/birth shows on TLC and Discovery Health and now I can't STOP watching them!! I'm really considering having a completely natural birth. And not because I'm worried about my baby coming out all "drugged"; I'm considering it because it seems the women who do it naturally (whether they intend to or not) get that baby out much quicker! Of course I have never experienced labor, or contractions (other than that minor braxton hicks contraction which I already forgot what it really felt like) so who knows what I will decide once I get there......

Also, the Duggars are so amazing to me! How Michelle Duggar manages to have 18 kids (and pregnant with #19), remain completely calm AND have EVERYBODY getting along, is just so fascinating! I got up at 3 in the morning one night (couldn't sleep), ate some lucky charms and watched Anna Duggar give birth to her first little baby......naturally.

2 comments:

  1. Have you watched The Business of Being Born? It's one of the things that made me want a natural birth. It is, like any other documentary, swayed toward its' agenda but it's a really good look into the world of home birthing/natural birth. I'm still going with a hospital birth but I'm going to do it natural, if possible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not watched that show but I'm going to see if I can find it on You Tube. I love any shows about having babies! I even watched a show last week about a pregnant quadraplegic.

    ReplyDelete