Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Welcome to Teething Town

I've tried Motrin, Tylenol (both generic cause of the recalls), Orajel (didn't work AT ALL), rubbing her gums, cold teethers, regular teethers.....NOTHING has been working!

I've read that there isn't any medical reason for babies to get a runny nose during teething, but my little girl has a nose that runs marathons. And I know she isn't sick.....so it's got to be the teething right?

I was browsing the baby aisle at the grocery store over the weekend and I noticed the teething tablets.....again. Yes, I've seen them before, but I didn't really see how they would help her, since she 1). has no teeth to chew them, and 2). hasn't seemed to get any relief from chewing on anything. But I thought....what the heck....nothing else seems to be making her comfortable so why not?!

I look at the box.....and I see they dissolve instantly.....ok so no chewing necessary.
I look at the ingredients....all natural....ok, that can be a good thing. Usually better than chemicals.
I notice the brand....Hylands. I know this brand is reputible because my Aunt works at a health food store and she mentioned this brand when we were discussing Hunter's fussiness. I think Gripe Water is made by this brand too.

So I come home, open them up and pop 3 of them into Hunter's mouth. One at a time of course. She seems to enjoy them and opens her mouth for each little tablet.

**NOTE: I tried to just put the tablet in my hand to see if she would take it and feed herself....NO LUCK. She just put her arms out to the side and said "These things are useless to me....so feed me slave woman". To most it would have just sounded like a scream, but I can translate her baby language.

Within an hour.....no fussy baby!! In fact, SUPER HAPPY, PLAYFUL baby emerged and it was a complete transformation!! Within 2 days, the runny nose stopped completely. I've been giving them to her just as the directions say.....3 tablets, 4 times a day. I've stopped everything else. No more medicine! Of course she still likes to chew on things, but she isn't uncomfortable anymore and it's a miracle!

Now where can I find tablets that miraculously make stretch marks dissappear??

2 comments:

  1. Stopping by from Bloggy Moms.

    Those Hylands tablets were a lifesaver for me with my youngest. And I know they say teething doesn't cause runny noses and the likes, but my kids always had weird side effects to teething. Screwed with their sleep patterns like crazy.

    Congrats on finding a solution that worked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG you seriously CRACK ME UP!!!!

    Jaycie ALWAYS gets a runny nose when she is teething. and sadly those teething tablets dont work for her.. she would much rather have chewed on my shoulder, finger, or even my knee cap! haha
    Not sure if you have tried it but we also let her chew on carrots! like the huge ugly ones. She liked those for about 5 minutes!!

    ReplyDelete