Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A Recap of the Last Months of 2010

Man....the last few months have been filled with stress, birthdays, travel, family,graduating from college, going back to college, sickness and teeth cutting. For the first time for as long as I can remember, I'm glad to be done with the holidays and looking forward to this new year! And that is saying a lot as November and December are my FAVORITE months! So I will try to do a recap of what's been going on since my last post....in October (gosh I suck at this blog thing). Ok here we go....

OCTOBER

Hunter's very first Halloween! She is obviously still too young to eat candy, and I didn't want to take her trick or treating and then have all that candy sitting around since I still need to drop 40 pounds to get to my pre-pregnancy weight, but I did want her to have the experience of trick or treating so we dressed her up in her costume, took her to my cousins and trick or treated with her kids. We didn't get candy, I didn't want candy, but Hunter got to trick or treat all snuggled up in her stroller and adorable costume. Like, she look SO STINKIN' cute...........



I had my mom tie that red bow on her tail because I absolutely hate it when people think she's a boy.

Another exciting thing happened in October. I GRADUATED COLLEGE!! I have an AA in Business Administration and now I'm pursuing my Bachelor Degree in Business Admin and Healthcare Management. Classes started yesterday. So far, so good.

NOVEMBER

Hunter's first Thanksgiving!! I love Thanksgiving, because I love food, and I love spending time with my family, but mostly because I love food. We traveled back to New Mexico to spend Thanksgiving with my brother and Josh (you remember Josh....Hunter's daddy, my ex-husband). I was VERY nervous about the 12 hour drive so my mom and I decided to drive at night so Hunter would sleep in her carseat. And she did AMAZINGLY! And it was MUCH cheaper than a plane ticket for two adults. We were there for a week and we had a great time! Hunter got to see her daddy, her uncle and her cousin Kambria. We also spent time with Bristol (my niece's mother) and her other daughter Berlyn, who is the EXACT same age as Hunter. Born 3 hrs apart! They were adorable together!! Hunter also started crawling on Thanksgiving day AND took her first unassisted step!


My brother Colby (yes he's single ladies), my niece Kambria, me, my mom, & of course my beautiful baby girl!


Hunter and Berlyn

This is Bristol's fiancee Josh, with Berlyn (his daughter) and Hunter

Berlyn totally taught Hunts how to clap

November also consisted of Hunter's first tooth!! Can I tell you that cutting teeth is my LEAST favorite part about being a mommy! I hate that she is in pain and I can only do so much to help her. Hunter also had her 9 month check up. She was in the 90th percentile in height and 50th percentile in weight. Tall skinny girl.

DECEMBER

This was the MOST chaotic month of them all!! Hunter had the flu for a whole week! And I had strep throat and a fever at the SAME TIME! We were both miserable! My mom's birthday was during that week and I was unable to give her the fun birthday with breakfast in bed, that she deserved. Instead, she stayed home from work to take care of me AND Hunter.

My birthday was the 23rd.....and guess how old I am now...........30!!! I can't believe I'm 30. I still feel like I'm 22. But I happy about being 30. Cause other than the birth of my daughter, my 20's SUCKED a fat one!

Hunter's first Christmas was not as exciting as I was expecting it to be. Hunter is a princess, incase you didn't know. She doesn't like getting her hands dirty, she refuses to hold her bottle (and yes she knows how, cause I've seen her do it when she doesn't know I'm watching). She didn't mess with the Christmas tree ornaments and she didn't care about opening her presents. She just let me do it. I tried to tear a little peice of wrapping paper & hand it to her to rip off and all she did was pull her hands away and scream at me "WHO DO YOU THINK I AM? OPEN IT FOR ME SLAVE WOMAN!" For real. She just sat and waited until they were opened then she examined her toys and crawled over to the coffee table to start pulling things off it. Such a diva already!

Some of Hunter's milestones so far include:
Pulling up to a standing position
Says the words Do-Do (doggie), ba-ba (bottle) mama, dada, Oooohh
She recognizes simple phrases like "where are the doggies", "where is your baby" "give your baby kisses"
Her kisses consist of a big open mouth, planted wherever she decides and sometimes a little licking.
She also claps her hands when she recieves praise for something and when her favorite tv shows are on.

She gets her little hand smacked for touching things she's not supposed to. And she voices her opinion about that hand smack with some yelling and grunting. She also knows the word "no" and she likes to wait till I say "no" and then looks me straight in the eye.....and does it again. She's a stubborn one I tell you! Here are some pics from December.

Me and Hunts getting ready to go out for my birthday dinner! Notice her adorable baby checkered vans! Courtesy of her daddy for Christmas!

And I'm 30!

Holy crap, Kia-lan


Hunts new ride

So my new Gossip Girl books just arrived in the mail and I'm suddenly distracted and feel the need....the need to read!

3 comments:

  1. YAYYYYYYY! you are back!
    :) i love love love these pictures of Hunter!
    She is getting so big!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your degree! That giraffe costume is too much... makes my cheeks hurt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on graduating! that's a huge accomplishment, you should feel very proud. I found you on Bloggy Mom and liked your story and blog :) We also had a giraffe at our house for halloween last year :) A little boy one.

    http://www.ourlittlebubble.com/

    ReplyDelete