Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Mom-isms of 2010

So having lived with my mom since April, has proven to be very entertaining.....for everyone! And by everyone I mean myself and all my FB friends. I've created a list that I call Mom-isms. It's a collection of some interesting things my mom has said since we've been roommates. Have fun reading.....

So I’m unpacking Hunter’s clothes and laughing cause my mom gave me a dresser to use but filled the drawers with blankets.


Mom: Do you want anything to drink?
Me: Pepsi
Mom: Do you want anything to drink?
Me: Pepsi!
Mom: No you don’t want anything to drink??
Me: PEPSI!!!!!!!!!!
Mom: You want Pepsi?

So I was telling my mom tonight about the guy at fast trip who always talks to me when I go in there and she says “He probably thinks you’re wealthy cause you’re heavy”. Awesome.

My mom said she was going to bed, but I can hear Miley Cyrus blasting from the speakers in her room.

Mom: Lindsey, come in here, I want you to touch something.
Me: What do you want me to do?
Mom: Oh never mind, I used a different finger and it didn’t shock me that time.

My Mom and I are watching the Bachelorette and she says:
“Oh yeah, the one with the UNO BROW”
“Mom it’s UNI BROW, you know like unicycle”
“Well UNO is one too”
“Yeah, well that’s not what it’s called”

So my mom went to the grocery store today and sees a cart full of soup that’s “on sale” and starts picking stuff out and putting it in her cart……until a lady walks over and says…..”Oh I’m sorry, is my cart in your way?” My mom hands her back her stuff and I went and sat in the car.

Mom: I guess I should pick up the dog poop so I can put it in the mail tomorrow
Me: The mail?
Mom: I mean the trash

So my mom was organizing her ads from her Sunday paper this morning and I said “Are you putting those in alphabetical order?” She said “No I put them in the order I like to read them in” Guess which one was on top? TOYS R’ US!

Right now my mom is swimming laps in the pool so she can be really good at swimming for when she’s on Wipeout.


So we’re on the road to New Mex, Hunter is asleep so my mom is listening to her ipod instead of the radio…..apparently she’s a Britney fan because all I keep hearing is “Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme” I don’t even think she actually knows the words.

My mom is still singing. I just heard her say “Take yo broke ass home.” Oh wait…..yep, just said it again.

We just got pulled over, and by WE, I mean my mom. So if you know my mom, she laughs a lot, like she just says stuff and then laughs and it’s really awkward so this is how us getting pulled over, played out-
Cop: License and registration
Mom: I have a gun hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaa
Cop: (awkwardness) Where is it?
Mom: in the door, I’m a cop too hahahahahahahahhahahahahahha
Cop: Don’t reach for it, let me see your ID
Mom: Ok hahahahahaha
Me: Mom, stop laughing
Mom: I know, I’m nervous.

So our neighbor just came over to ask my mom to watch her house while they are on vacation and then started telling her how she writes country songs and preceded to SING TO MY MOM on the front porch. My mom just stood there in her moo moo and looked at her. So awkward.

So a kid walks up to our door dressed as Buzz Light Year and my Mom says: “Oh you must be bud light”……Close, mom…….but no.

So I’m trying to show my mom Hunter’s new tooth. She says, “I can’t see it, we need to get in the sun”…..as she walks into the bathroom and turns on the light.

My mom is convinced that Justin Beiber is one of the vampires on Eclipse.

5 comments:

  1. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!
    Seriously this made my day!
    so funny, i love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HILARIOUS!!!!!!!! Oh my goodness! I am snorting out loud because I am laughing so hard!!!!!

    Visiting from Bloggy Moms,
    Melanie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This cracked me up!!

    Also visiting from Bloggy Moms,
    Adrian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found you on BloggyMoms new follower via ~GFC & FB~~Shari
    Maybe you can check mine out when you have time^~^

    http://www.1grown2togo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete